Fullerton under boil order

E. coli found in water supply

FULLERTON — The city of Fullerton was placed under a boil order last week after the city was notified of E. coli found in Fullerton’s water supply.

City Administrator Patty Noble said the city learned of the positive test on Thursday afternoon. Flyers were taped to area businesses, and an announcement was posted on the city’s Facebook page.

Noble said they are hopeful to lift the boil order this week.

The city distributed bottled water to residents on Saturday and Monday. Fire hydrants were flushed on Tuesday and the first round of samples were sent to the state on Monday.

Fullerton was placed under a boil order in October of 2024 after the water supply tested positive for coliform and E. coli. That boil order lasted 8 days.